Home and School
President- Christine Hesse PO Box 94
Vice President- Larissa Robinson Bay Head, NJ 08742
Treasurer- Jen Paletchev
Secretary- Jenny Kelber
- Gift Auction Meeting Thursday 01/16/2019 @6pm
- Amazon Smile Fundraiser
- Gift Auction 03/27/2020 from 6-10pm @Martell's Tiki Bar
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers. Meaning you can help the Bay Head Home and School Association raise money for our student activities by doing something you already do all the time.....ordering from Amazon!
The Bay Head HSA Annual Gift Auction will be held on Friday March 27th from 6:00-10:00PM at Martell’s Tiki Bar in Point Pleasant Beach.
This is one of our biggest fundraisers of the year and always a really fun night filled with amazing prizes. But we absolutely can't make it a success without your help! Proceeds from this fundraiser go directly towards enhancing our children’s Bay Head School experience with assemblies, class trips and after school programs.
Please keep us in mind as you're Christmas shopping this year. Scored a great deal? Grab an extra as a donation to the auction! You can also help by soliciting for donations when you're shopping. I have included the solicitation letter but if you would like printed copies please reach out to me and I can get them to you.
As always thank you for your help and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
AGENDAS AND MEETING MINUTES
November 2019 Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Christine Hesse, Larissa Robinson, Jen Paletchev, Jenny Hunziker Kelber, Jessica O’Campo Callaghan, Kathy Kimm, Beth Fallivene, Jim Brune, Courtenay Dolan, Shannon Curtis, Angela Breckenridge, Jessica Vaughn, Stacey Kett, Jean Akersten, Margaret Lamberson, Charmaine Kane
Art To Remember – Successful this year. Mainly online and sales were good. Est. at $1,700 made, up vs. last year
Products are coming in 12/4 if you ordered by the deadline
Can order until January 2nd - ship to your house rather than the school if ordering late
Antrim Olympics – Bay Head fared well.
Going to order generic shirts next year so the shirts can be reused
Parent’s Night Out – a fun event. Will be doing again.
Halloween/Trunk or Treat – Kids had a great time. Trunk or Treat was fun. Halloween: thinking of ideas and different ways to do it for next year
Tennis – 17 students signed up in the Fall. Colin Jacobs helped out. Will do again in the Spring around May
Walking Wednesday – Last week was the last week for the year. Possibly a Winter walk after the New Year and/or Walk With Your Pet, TBD.
Winter Concert – 12/12; 6-7pm
Holiday Bazaar – 12/13; Danielle Brower chairing.
9 gifts per child – same item (can do various colors)
Please include gift bags and tags with your gifts.
Gifts will be collected by your Classroom Contact and/or Danielle.
Tree Sales: Will start at Christmas In Bay Head on 12/6, 5pm-8pm
Then 12/7 – 12/22 (Sat./Sun.) 10am-4pm until they run out –
Will need a few Volunteers - Sign Up Genius to follow
Santa Breakfast 12/7 9-11 at The Bay Head Firehouse: Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser for the 8th grade trip to Washington and NYC. It will become a 7th grade fundraiser so they can raise money for their trip, which is in the Fall (of Eighth grade.)
Sign Up Genius to follow for Volunteers
Staff Holiday Party: HSA Will be providing a set amount to contribute to the Staff party as our Christmas gift, amount TBD
~Thank you to all of the parents that came out for our first Parents Night Out last week! We hope you all had a blast and we look forward to doing it again!
The HSA officers are beyond thankful to everyone that helped make this years Shark Run 5K and Kids Color Fun Run a huge success:
- Thank you to our Sponsors, especially The Hesse Companies and Charlies as well as Atlys Global, Perfection Air Heating & Cooling, Bay Head Education Association, Taylor Fence, Dolan's Fire Protection, Nash Everett, Noon, Esposito's, Manasquan Savings, Leyden, Capotorto, Ritacco, Corrigan & Sheehy, PC. and Jen Reimer, D.O.
- Thank you Kathy Kimm and Crest Pointe Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center for the awesome Runner Bags!
- The towns of Bay Head and Mantoloking and their respective Police Departments, The Bay Head Fire House (especially Ken Glass and Doug Applegate) and The Point Pleasant First Aid
- All of the Volunteers for The Shark Run 5K and Kids Fun Run: From Stuffing Bags to Set up and Check In, Traffic Control and Water Tables to dousing the kids with color (Thank you Andrea Carusso for getting the Kids off and running!!) to Clean up.....and everything in between! THANK YOU ALL!!!
- Mr. Bish, Sheri Trainor and Mr. Camardo
- DJ Trish and Emcee Bob Scott for keeping the crowd going!
- Thank you to Nature’s Reward, The Corner Bagelry, Mueller's Bakery and to Jean Akersten for co-ordinating all of the food and coffee!
- Team Fundraisers: Team Desmond, Dylan's Baby Shark, Matthew Shark, Shark, Shark! and Team Parker
- The many Donations, especially The Jacobs Family, Daidone Electric, Inc. and The Stagliano FamilyIt was a great day and would not have been so successful without your help and participation! THANK YOU!
- Glow Dance: feedback was the kids had a great time!
- Flower Sales: raised $600
- Steered Straight: drug awareness and education for 6-8th grade and their parents. Focused on vaping, marijuana, and alcohol. Feedback: it was very informative and the kids were captivated by the presentation. Parents say the didn't have a lot of notice for the night parent information portion. Low attendance. Maybe open up to Antrim and Lavallette parents going forward.
- Teacher Appreciation: Monday bagels and coffee were provided, Wednesday lunch from Charlies, and Friday all teachers and paras were given BHS sharks 1/4 zip pullovers.
- Field Day: Glenn Steinhandler is the chair. Vanessa Grant has ordered the Grill. HSA bought a large cooler
- Davy Jones Day (DJD): Vanessa Grant is the Chair. Glenn Steinhandler is in charge of food and Norah and Ed English are in charge of games. D fitness (music, dancing, characters), DJ Trish, water slide, and obstacle course.
- Shark Run: Jenny Kelber is the new Chair! Kick off meeting coming soon...
- Sports Banquet: Shannon Curtis is Chair. Send sports photos to Miss Wills. Returning athletes will receive pins, new athletes will get a medal and ribbon to put pins on, all atletes are receiving BHS Athletics shirts.
- New Booster president is needed.
- Tennis Lessons: Chair and instructor is Beth Fallivene. For 1st-4th grade and lessons are going great.