Home and School
President- Christine Hesse PO Box 94
Vice President- Larissa Robinson Bay Head, NJ 08742
Treasurer- Jen Paletchev
Secretary- Jenny Kelber
September 28, 2019
This is the Home and School Associations largest fundraiser of the year. It sends our kids on field trips, 8th grade on an overnight DC trip, pays for assemblies, etc. This and all of our other fundraisers are vital to maintain and improve the experience of the students at BHS!
To Register to Run in the 5K or Kids Color Run and/or Donate or become a Sponsor please visit our website:
• This year you can create your own team for the Shark Run 5K and Kids Color Run. You can share your child or teams name with your friends and family on Social Media encouraging them to donate or run!
*Follow: Bay Head Shark Run 5K on Facebook and Instagram and share with your family and friends so they can join in on the fun!*
• Register now to take advantage of the early registration price and guarantee yourself a TEE!
($25 until 9/14 then increase to $35 for 5K; $15 Kids Color Run)
- Shark Run on September 28th
- Art to Remember
- Glow Dance: feedback was the kids had a great time!
- Flower Sales: raised $600
- Steered Straight: drug awareness and education for 6-8th grade and their parents. Focused on vaping, marijuana, and alcohol. Feedback: it was very informative and the kids were captivated by the presentation. Parents say the didn't have a lot of notice for the night parent information portion. Low attendance. Maybe open up to Antrim and Lavallette parents going forward.
- Teacher Appreciation: Monday bagels and coffee were provided, Wednesday lunch from Charlies, and Friday all teachers and paras were given BHS sharks 1/4 zip pullovers.
- Field Day: Glenn Steinhandler is the chair. Vanessa Grant has ordered the Grill. HSA bought a large cooler
- Davy Jones Day (DJD): Vanessa Grant is the Chair. Glenn Steinhandler is in charge of food and Norah and Ed English are in charge of games. D fitness (music, dancing, characters), DJ Trish, water slide, and obstacle course.
- Shark Run: Jenny Kelber is the new Chair! Kick off meeting coming soon...
- Sports Banquet: Shannon Curtis is Chair. Send sports photos to Miss Wills. Returning athletes will receive pins, new athletes will get a medal and ribbon to put pins on, all atletes are receiving BHS Athletics shirts.
- New Booster president is needed.
- Tennis Lessons: Chair and instructor is Beth Fallivene. For 1st-4th grade and lessons are going great.